Spicy Chicken Tacos with a Creamy Delicious Cilantro and Lime Sauce
Whether your a taco lover or not, this meal is extra leanmazing. It wasn't until I played a season in San Diego where I truly fell in love with tacos and since then, I have been experimenting ever since. This meal, is the perfect mix of tasty, flavour fulness yet is SO easy that there really is no way to go wrong. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and plus, the homemade creamy sauce is another huge bonus. Long story short, this is a lean meal you do not want to miss out on!
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces (I cut them into extra small pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of salt
- squeeze of lime
- Tortillas (whole wheat)
Creamy Cilantro and Lime Sauce:
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or Icelandic yogurt (I used Icelandic)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- squirt of lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the chicken breasts into tiny little pieces (I find the smaller pieces make for a more enjoyable meal).
- Then, in a small bowl, add the garlic, olive oil, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt. Mix together (lean remix) and then toss and coat the chicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to heated skillet. Place freshly seasoned chicken and cook until cooked through. Once cooked to liking, add a squeeze of lime juice.
- For the creamy sauce, add greek (or Icelandic) yogurt, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt and pepper to blender (I used a nutribullet). Mix until creamy.
- Quickly heat tortilla's on a heated skillet. Then top tortillas with chicken, sliced avocado and creamy sauce.
- Final step, enjoy the leanmazing meal!!!
For more recipes, tailored to you and your body (whether your a vegan, vegetarian, celiac, meat lover, etc) sign up for a custom #90dayleanplan today by clicking the link. You will get delicious meal plan fully tailored to you and your body, as well as amazing workouts based off your lifestyle and equipment you have available. Let's get lean!!!
Listen to Super Squadie and Lean Dad Gavin and how the #90dayleanplan changed his life!