Happy Friday Squadies! As many of you may have seen on my Instagram, Brodie and I decided to go on our FIRST little getaway with the twins and Hudson to celebrate Canada Day. To help us celebrate we made this LEANSANE Watermelon Gin Slushie!
I have gotten SO many questions about this slushie, I decided to share the recipe with all of you! Here at LEANSQUAD, we believe in living a sustainable lean life! This means that along with practicing healthy eating and a good exercise routine, it is also important to be able to enjoy our whoopsies! Brodie and I have been hard at work raising twins and a toddler plus running our business from home. Throughout this time, we have been staying active and eating LEAN! In my last blog, I talked about the importance of enjoying your whoopsies and knowing that you deserve it! This whoopsie was WELL deserved so we can enjoy it guilt free!
Not only is it guilt free because of all the work we have done the past couple months – it is also a LEAN drink choice! For the most part, sweet, slushy, fruity alcoholic drinks usually contain a TON of sugar and added sweeteners. This leanlicious watermelon gin slushie DOES NOT! This drink only has 2 sources of sweetener, from the watermelon and from the Muskoka sparkling spirit!. Watermelon is actually very low in calories and contains mostly water. It is FULL of antioxidants and is naturally sweet. Muskoka sparkling spirits contain only 100 calories per can and 0 added sugars – making for the perfect whoopsie!
No Muskoka Spirits?!
No Problem! You don’t need Muskoka spirits specifically to make this drink! There are a ton of different brands to choose from when it comes to lean spirits, as long as it has under 100 calories and contains little to no added sugar, you got yourself a lean spirit! A great alternative to Muskoka Spirits are White Claw! They also come in a variety of flavours and only contain 100 calories per can!
Now what you’ve all been waiting for! Find the FULL recipe below:
– 2 shots Muskoka Legendary Oddity Gin
– 1 Can Lemon & Field Berry – Muksoka Spirts Sparkling Water (0 grams of sugar!)
– 4-6 cups of frozen, chopped watermelon (size depends on preferred consistency. I used lot’s of watermelon)
– Squeeze of half lemon
- Chop 4-6 cups worth of watermelon into small chunks. Place in ziplock bag and chill in freezer for an hour (you can leave in longer if you like).
- In a blender, add frozen watermelon, 1 can of lemon & field berry hard sparkling water, 2 shots of gin, and a squeeze of half lemon.
- Blend until your consistency is that of your favourite slushie!
- Serve and enjoy the whoopsie guilt free!!!