You’re almost guaranteed to have a good time at a viewing party, watching your favourite show, (for me and Brodie, it’s The Bachelor😆) movie or game while spending time with your friends and family and enjoying a snack or two! The only problem is…most viewing party snacks aren’t lean approved – but don’t worry! I got you covered with my lean approved VEGAN nachos!
In order to turn a very un-lean and un-vegan dish into a lean and vegan one, I start by replacing your average nacho chip with a sweet potato chip! One FULL sweet potato contains an average of 100 calories and are packed with nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamine B6, and potassium. Also, these sweet potato chips are baked in coconut oil, much healthier then the average chip! The thinner you are able to cut the sweet potato, the crispier the chip will be! Also keep in mind when baking, the thinner the chip, the QUICKER it will brown!
For the meatless beef portion of the dish, you can use any brand you prefer of meatless beef! The beef I chose to use for this particular recipe is Yves Veggie Taco Stuffer mix. This meatless beef looks and tastes like regular beef! Since it comes pre-cooked, you don’t have to cook it for as long as regular beef – just cook until everything is combined. If you prefer another kind of meatless beef, make sure to check the label in case it may need a longer cooking time. If you prefer regular meat, you can still keep this dish lean by using ground beef or if you want to be EXTRA lean, ground turkey or chicken can easily be substituted! You can also choose to substitute the vegan cheese for regular cheese if you prefer.
This lean approved Vegan Beef Nacho dish is super flexible when it comes to substitutes to make it enjoyable for everyone! Check out the full recipe below, and if you want to cook along with me while I make this dish for my Bachelor viewing party, you can check out Episode 2 of Cooking Leanness HERE:
Here’s how to make it:
LEAN-GREDIENTS (6 SERVINGS):
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1-2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 lb of MEATLESS ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 12 oz. can diced tomatoes
- ½ a tsp of pepper
- Dairy free cheese, to taste
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Peel then slice sweet potatoes thinly, You can use a mandolin or sharp knife.
- Toss with 3 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp of salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place sweet potatoes in single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip then bake another 10 minutes, or until browned.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, Melt 1 tsp of coconut oil in large skillet.
- Add garlic and onion, cook for about 2 minutes
- Add meatless ground beef, cook for 4-5 minutes, stir often to break it apart
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper, stir until combined
- Take the meat off the heat
- In separate bowl, mash avocados then combine with lime or lemon juice, cilantro and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle dairy free cheese on top of sweet potato chips and bake just until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes
- To assemble, place sweet potatoes on the bottom of the plate, next add the beef mixture, then guacamole and to top it off, a sprinkle of green onion.
- Serve while hot!
CUSTOM RECIPES (tailored to you and your body🙋🏼♂️💪🏻) CUSTOM WORKOUTS (no equipment, gym, whatever you want, tailored to you🏃🏽♀️🏋🏻♀️) SUPPORT (text support to keep you motivated like never before📲) All of these things combined make the custom #90DAYLEANPLAN the most comprehensive, life changing plan available!