The Best Ways You Can Stay Hydrated

Happy Thursday Squadies! Have you been drinking enough water? When focusing on healthy nutrition, this question is often overlooked. Fortunately, this blog discusses the importance of hydration and the best ways you can stay hydrated throughout the day.

For more healthy habits on hydration, nutrition, and fitness, get started on your Lean Journey with a FREE Trial and receive exclusive tips, workouts, and much more!

Change Your Life and Start Your Lean Journey Today!

Why is Hydration Important?

Water makes up around 60% of your body and as a result, it plays a big role in how you feel both physically and mentally on a daily basis. Drinking enough water is essential for regulating your body temperature, delivering nutrients to your cells, and keeping your body functioning properly.

Most importantly, when you stay hydrated, you simply feel better in terms of quality of life, mood, energy, among other things. Drinking enough water can be the difference between feeling  energized enough to complete your workout or opting to sit down and scroll through social media.

So make the commitment to staying hydrated and watch your quality of life change for the better! Below are some of the best ways you can stay hydrated each and every day.

Drink Water

Surprise, surprise! The best way to stay hydrated is to drink water throughout the day. It has no sugar or calories making it perfect for all-day consumption and quick rehydration after and during workouts.

The best way to ensure you are drinking enough water is to simply keep a water bottle or glass next to you all day long. This way, it will be the first thing you drink when you start to have a dry mouth or get thirsty.

In terms of how much water you should drink per day, try using the 8x8 rule. Drink eight 8-ounce glasses per day, which is about 2 liters. This will vary depending on the person and their needs, but this is a great starting point!

Drink Coffee and Tea

These fluids can actually be as hydrating as water, as long as they are in moderate amounts. You should still be drinking water nonetheless. 

Coffee and tea can hydrate you while also giving you more energy. However, if these fluids are consumed in excess, then they can actually start to dehydrate you.

These are especially good options if you practice intermittent fasting, as you are able to stay in a fasted state while still receiving the energy benefits of coffee or tea.

If you are interested in Intermittent Fasting, click here for the basics of intermittent fasting.

Eat Fruits and Vegetables

About 80% of our hydration comes from fluids, while the remaining 20% comes from foods such as fruits and vegetables. These are fantastic snacking options, which are primarily made up of water!

Make sure each of your meals includes either fruits or vegetables. Some of the best hydrating fruits and veggies include oranges, grapes, carrots, and lettuce. Try stocking up on these ingredients and see how you feel!

Squadies, all of these sources of hydration will help you to feel better! The best practice to ensure you are staying hydrated is to implement all of these things into your diet, whether you do it all at once or one-by-one, they are sure to get you feeling your best!

​Thanks for reading Squadies!

Are you ready to transform your life? Join my lean challenge starting this MONDAY on the new LEANSQUAD App!!