LEAN Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
LEAN Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
AND THE FIRST EVER EPISODE OF COOKING LEANNESS!
Firstly, during the cold winter months, something we all tend to crave is comfort food. Although comfort food can be super delicious, it isn’t always the healthiest choice. Today’s lean-cipe is filed under the lean approved, healthy AND delicious list and tastes as good as comfort food - bonus! This dish is warm, hearty and perfect for a winter night! Super lean-licious, this Thai chicken coconut curry is ready in just 20 minutes! The flavours from the veggies and spices add both a sweet and savoury touch. You can easily make this dish vegan or vegetarian by substituting the chicken for a plant-based protein such as chickpeas or tofu. You could also substitute the chicken with extra veggies, add more carrots and spinach, or you can add in some veggies of your choice like bell peppers or cauliflower.
Secondly, get excited because today is the launch of the first ever full YouTube video showing exactly HOW TO COOK THE LEANNESS! In this case, it’s the flavourful, incredible and leanmazing Thai Chicken Coconut Curry!! Please, please give it a watch and let me know what you want to see next!!!
This is only the start so also make sure you subscribe so you never miss out on an episode!!
Thirdly, this Thai chicken coconut curry is naturally low-carb and gluten-free! The chicken breast is packed with protein and is one of the leanest meats you can get. Although it’s super healthy, cooking chicken can be difficult sometimes because it can over cook and become dry. Letting the chicken simmer in the delicious coconut curry sauce not only infuses the chicken with flavour and thickens the sauce, but also helps to keep the chicken moist and tasty. To keep this dish extra lean-mazing try pairing it with cauliflower rice- my go to rice replacement or you may opt to eat it this dish all on its own!
Here’s how to make it:
LEAN-GREDIENTS (6 SERVINGS):
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium/large yellow onion, diced
- 1-lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tsp ground ginger OR 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 13 oz can coconut milk
- 1-1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste OR curry powder to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar, optional
- ¼ cups fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Cauliflower rice (optional)
- Add oil and onions into a large skillet, sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until onions soften, stir frequently.
- Add chicken into skillet, cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked
- Add garlic, ginger and coriander, cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently
- Add coconut milk, carrots, Thai curry paste, salt, and pepper, stir until combined, reduce heat.
- Leave to gently boil for about 5 minutes, or until mixture has thickened slightly
- Add spinach and lime juice, stir until combined
- Cook about 1 minute, until spinach has wilted
- Optionally add brown sugar, or more curry paste, salt or pepper to taste
- Add cilantro, serve warm Happy cooking Squadies!
CUSTOM RECIPES (tailored to you and your body??♂️??) CUSTOM WORKOUTS (no equipment, gym, whatever you want, tailored to you??♀️??♀️) SUPPORT (text support to keep you motivated like never before?) All of these things combined make the custom #90DAYLEANPLAN the most comprehensive, life changing plan available!