Happy Monday Squadies!
With back to school season in session, I am coming at you with some great recipes you and your kids are sure to love! Todays recipe is a leanlicious ZUCCHINI BREAD! Zucchini bread is moist, flavourful and leanlicious! Add some sugar free chocolate chips in there and you got a touch of sweetness too!
Looking for the perfect snack to pack your kids for lunch, that you can enjoy too?! Then you NEED to make this zucchini bread! It is super easy to make and store, so you can enjoy the leanness all week long! This recipe is also perfect to add to your Sunday lean preps!
The main ingredient in this recipe is of course zucchini! Zucchini is high in water, which is great when making bread to ensure it comes out moist! Zucchini is also high in fiber and contains high amounts of vitamin B6, C and K! When making bread from zucchini, you get all these added nutrients without sacrificing the taste!
Now of course, we need to add some sweetness into the bread! To do that, the 2 ingredients I used are honey and 0 sugar chocolate chips! Honey is a great ingredient! Of course, you get the added sweetness, but you also get a nice dose of antioxidants and nutrients! 0 sugar chocolate chips are one of my favourite ingredients! Made with dark chocolate, no added sugars are needed! Dark chocolate has a natural creaminess and sweetness to it!
Sneak some extra nutrients into your kids lunch by packing them a slice of this zucchini bread! They get their treat, and you get the satisfaction of knowing you made the LEAN CHOICE for them!
– 2 cups grated zucchini (1 large zucchini)
– 4 tbsp butter
– 1/2 mashed ripe banana
– 1/2 cup Honey
– 1/4 cup almond milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
– 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– Pinch of salt
– 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
– Sprinkle of 0 sugar chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place shredded zucchini in kitchen towel, squeeze out excess moisture, set aside.
3. Place butter in large bowl, melt in microwave.
4. Add mashed banana, honey, milk and vanilla, Stir until well combined.
5. whisk in eggs. Sprinkle on cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined.
6. Add flour, mix until almost combined, fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
7. place batter into oiled loaf pan, bake for 55 minutes.
8. Let cool for 20 minutes, enjoy!
Follow along with me via Youtube: