HAPPY MONDAY SQUADIES!
Today I am going to show you the BEST VEGAN Ramen recipe out there! This meal will take you less than 15 minutes to prep and only 15 minutes to cook! In 30 minutes or less, you can be enjoying this leanlicious vegan ramen recipe!
How is this ramen lean?! First off, I used fresh veg, broccoli and mushrooms. Broccoli or as I like to call it – LEAN-TREEZ are one of my favourite go to veggies. Broccoli contains lots of vitamin C and K and is of course full of fibre. Shiitake mushrooms are super good for you. They help boost the immune system and contain a ton of vitamins and minerals. You can definitely use these veggies alone OR you can add or swap some veg. Some great additions to this ramen would be bok choy or carrots. Another great ingredient is ginger. Ginger has a very strong flavour and with that flavour comes tons of health benefits. Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory and can help prevent many sicknesses.
When choosing broth, to keep it super lean, make sure to use a low sodium vegetable broth. Some broths tend to contain high amounts of sodium which can leave you dehydrated! Another ingredient to look out for for all the vegan squadies out there is chili paste. Some chili pastes contain animal products so be sure to read the label before purchasing!
In order to keep this ramen lean, I chose a LEAN ramen noodle. These noodles are vegan and gluten free. You can use as any or as little noodles as you like, typically, to get more broth, use 1-2 packets. If you want more noodles in your dish, try using 3-4 packs of noodles like I did!
Heres how to make it:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1-inch cube ginger
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1 onion
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms
- ½ cup soft tofu
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 2 packs gluten free, vegan ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Chop up the broccoli and mushrooms into nice chunky pieces.
- Dice ginger and onion
- Get a wok or deep pan, heat oil on pan.
- Add ginger and onion to pan, cook for a few minutes
- While ginger and onion is cooking, chop tofu into cubes
- Add chili paste, mushrooms, and broccoli to pan. Mix and let cook for a few minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, soy sauce and tofu to pan
- Mix and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Add ramen noodles, let cook until noodles are soft and separated.
- Serve hot!