Caul-Lean-flower Tater Taco Casserole
Looking for a little variety after an OVERLOAD of Turkey and Ham over the Holidays?
Wondering what the PERFECT dish for a hosting a Lean get together?
Look no further! This Tater Taco Casserole is just what you need! It is the perfect change up from any classic dish and will have your guests craving more! At first glance, you may be wondering how this dish is lean at all - but i’ll let you in on a little lean secret…it’s the CAULIFLOWER TATER TOTS! These cauliflower tater tots are super delicious, especially when paired with a little bit of cheese and beef! If you’d prefer to make them with lean ground turkey, go right ahead — it is super versatile without sacrificing any of the flavour!! This Lean-Mexican dish will give you a break from the regular party appies, while also keeping your LEAN! The other lean-tastic part about this Taco casserole is that its super easy to make. You can find these tots in the frozen isle of your grocery store OR if you’re really in the cooking mood, you can make your tots from scratch! Like I have said many times before, DO NOT FEAR the frozen section!! You can find really healthy ingredients for some lean-tastic dishes in the frozen section (oh ya, and they keep for much longer!!).
Not only does this dish have leanmazing cauliflower tater tots, but it also has all the TACO deliciousness you could ever ask for! This casserole contains all the classic taco toppings like beef, cheese, black beans, guacamole, olives and tomatoes. If It’s sure to satisfy all your taco cravings WITHOUT having to step off the lean train!
Here’s how to make it:
LEAN-GREDIENTS (8 SERVINGS):
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 4 oz can Old El Paso diced green chiles
- 1 oz package Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 12 oz frozen corn
- 3 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 28 oz frozen cauliflower tater tots
- 1 10 oz can Old El Paso red enchilada sauce
- Toppings: black olives, cilantro, guacamole, tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Coat the bottom of your baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large pan, brown the beef and onions, when the beef is almost done, add garlic (about one minute) before draining meet.
- Take the pan off the heat and add green chilies, taco seasoning mix, black beans (drained and rinsed) corn and 2 cups of cheese. Stir until combined
- Pour mixture into baking dish. Neatly line the cauliflower tater tots in a single layer on top of the mixture, then pour enchilada sauce evenly on top of the tater tots.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, or until tater tots are crispy.
- Remove from oven, uncover and add remaining cheese evenly on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted, approximately 2-3 minutes
- Top with olives, cilantro, sour cream and tomatoes before serving
CUSTOM RECIPES (tailored to you and your body??♂️??) CUSTOM WORKOUTS (no equipment, gym, whatever you want, tailored to you??♀️??♀️) SUPPORT (text support to keep you motivated like never before?) All of these things combined make the custom #90DAYLEANPLAN the most comprehensive, life changing plan available!