Happy Monday Squadies! Throughout the summer, I like to make the BEST out of the good weather! Part of this includes making easy, tasty meals that feel summer fresh! Today I will be sharing 3 of my favourite low carb dinner recipes!
Let’s get cooking this summer!
Throughout the summer, sometimes it can seem difficult to live a lean lifestyle. With some restrictions easing off from COVID-19 quarantine, all we want to do is spend time with our loved ones and friends, have some whoopsies and good times! What If i told you, you can STILL enjoy your whoopsies and have a good time WHILE living a lean lifestyle?!
These 3 low carb summer dinner recipes I will be sharing are super easy to make and are of course, LEAN APPROVED! With super clean ingredients and easy lean-structions, you can have yourself a healthy meal in no time!
Why eat LEAN this summer?
In order to get you feeling your best this summer, it is important to have a well balanced diet along with a regular fitness routine! Why?! If we are eating a ton of not so lean foods and not exercising regularly, we are going to feel sluggish, tired, and ultimately we aren’t going to be feeling our best! Recipes like the 3 I am going to share with you can help you kick start your lean summer! Want more leansane recipes like these along with 30 days of workouts?! Sign up for our next 30 day challenge beginning on July 20th!
3 Low Carb Summer Dinner Recipes:
Recipe #1: Firecracker Turkey Lollipops
This recipe is for all you spice lovers out there! What’s more summery than a recipe you can make on the barbeque?! Pair these leanlicious turkey legs with a fresh spinach or avocado salad to add a nice fresh element to the dish!
Heres how to make it:
- 4-5 Turkey Wings (bone in)
- 2 teaspoons Cayenne
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes (can add more for extra spice)
- 1/2 Cup Low Sugar BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Sriracha
- First things first is we want to spice our wings. Combine the cayenne pepper and paprika together and sprinkle over wings. Then sprinkle over chilli flakes. Rub in spices evenly over the wings.
- To grill the wings to perfection, heat BBQ to 375℉ roughly. Spray grill with cooking oil and then add wings. Make sure you rotate wings every few minutes for 20-30 minutes (or until cooked through *aim for at least 165 degrees on your thermometer).
- While Turkey wings are grilling, combine sriracha and low sugar bbq sauce in a bowl together and mix well.
- 5 minutes prior to wings being ready, dip in sauce and place back on grill. By adding the sauce later we avoid burning the wings and keep them extra saucy!. This is the lean secret!
- Serve and use remaining sauce as dipping sauce!!!
Recipe #2: Cauliflower Pizza!
This recipe is a squadie favourite! Not only is it easy to make in the oven, but you can also easily make it on the barbecue too! Make it your own by adding any lean toppings of your choice such as some greens, or lean meats and protein!
Heres how to make it:
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Red chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. (or preheat BBQ)
- Cut cauliflower stem off, then cut whole head vertically, about 1 inch slices.
- Place cauliflower slices on a lined baking sheet, brushing olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper on each side.
- Roast in oven for about 35 minutes, flipping them halfway.
- Remove from oven, top with marinara sauce, cheese and all other toppings of choice.
- Switch oven to broil, cook for another 3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Take out, sprinkle with basil and chili flakes, serve!
Recipe #3: PF Chang Style VEGAN Lettuce wraps
What’s more refreshing on a hot summer day than a nice lettuce wrap?! This recipe is lean, low carb, and perfect for a summer dinner. These lettuce wraps are vegan and absolutely leanlicious! You can of course, swap out the tofu for chicken if you love your meat!
Heres how to make it:
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 packages extra-firm tofu (12-14 ounces) (OR lean ground chicken or beef: 1/2 lb)
- 8 oz. of finely chopped baby mushrooms
- 1 can of finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 8 large inner leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 Diced carrots
- In a bowl, stir together the hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Once the oil is hot, toss in the tofu, breaking it down into small pieces as it cooks. Cook for 5 minutes, then add diced mushrooms. **If you are using Lean ground chicken/beef, follow same step, but cook through and separate before adding mushrooms
- Cook the tofu starts to turn golden brown (should be around 3 minutes) **Follow same steps for ground chicken/beef. Ensure chicken and beef its cooked through.
- Stir in the water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and half of the green onions and cook until fragrant
- Pour the sauce over the top of the tofu mixture and stir to coat. Cook just until you hear bubbling**Follow same step when cooking with chicken an beef
- Spoon the tofu/chicken/beef mixture into individual lettuce leaves. Top with remaining green onions, diced carrots, and additional Sriracha.
- Enjoy immediately!
There you have it squadies! 3 leanlicious, tasty recipes, perfect for summer!
For more lean low carb summer dinner recipes along with 30 days of follow along workouts, check out my next SUMMER LEAN CHALLENGE beginning on JULY 30th! Sign up now and receive 30% off with the code below!